Hydrates dry skin
Ghee is excellent as a way to rehydrate dry skin and make wrinkled skin look fuller and younger. Fatty acids in the ghee penetrate deep and fill out dried out skin. Your skin will look and feel baby soft.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of ghee in a bowl, warm it up and then massage it into your skin all over your body. Let it stay in place for 20 minutes.
- Bathe in lukewarm water.
Moisturises your face
Use desi cow ghee as the best moisturizer for your skin. Ghee is particularly recommended if you have delicate and dry skin that can be damaged by dry hot winds and exposure to sunlight.
How to use ghee as a moisturizer
- The simple way is to take equal parts of ghee and water in a small bowl and add a drop or two of lemon juice. Mix thoroughly until you have a paste.
- Massage it into your facial skin with circular motions and let it stay in place for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Wash with cold water, not soap. Do this at night. You will have soft, full and smooth skin.
Make your skin glow
Eat ghee on a regular basis and your skin will glow with health and youth!
- Take a bowl and put in two spoons of besan or chickpea flour. Add just enough milk to make a thick paste. Add a little bit of turmeric and mix. Now add two spoons of ghee and mix thoroughly.
- Apply to your face and, if you like, all over your body and rub it in gently. Leave it in place for 20 minutes.
- Wash in lukewarm water.
Cures chapped lips
Winter is when the dry atmosphere can dry out lips and result in chapped and cracked lips. Instead of using petroleum based products you can use a drop of ghee to rub onto your lips. Let it stay on overnight.
Ghee will lock in the moisture and prevent drying out of the skin.
You will have rosy, soft lips throughout winter if you do this every night.
Slows down skin aging
Eat ghee and massage warm ghee into your skin. It will reduce wrinkles and also prevent new ones from forming. For best results you can use rose water, turmeric and ghee mix.
Lightens dark lips
If you feel your lips are a dark shade then you can lighten the shade by applying ghee on your lips at night. You can enhance the effect by adding sour curds and turmeric to the ghee. Your lips will brighten up to rosy red within a month of this treatment.
Brightens up eyes
If your eyes have lost the sparkle and look dull and tired then use desi cow ghee to bring the sparkle back.
It is easy to do this. Just apply slightly warm ghee under your eyes, on your eyebrows and below the eyebrows (as well as to your eyelashes).
Doing this will remove wrinkles and the dark patches too. Your eyes will also sparkle and shine!
Ghee is a better and more affordable option to remove fine lines and creases around the eyes for that young look.